24 Brockport students presented at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research
24 Brockport students presented at the 2021 National Conference on Undergraduate Research, which was held virtually due to the pandemic.
Since 1993, SUNY Brockport has had students present at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR). This year, 24 students presented at the 2021 virtual NCUR. The student’s dedication to completing and presenting their research project over the course of the academic year was rewarded with their participation at this phenomenal conference. NCUR is a unique national conference celebrating the research and creative work accomplishments of undergraduate students in just about every imaginable field over the course of three days.
A panel discussion of EDI issues in STEM fields as portrayed in the movie Picture a Scientist and a wonderful closing plenary presentation by speaker Sociologist, best-selling author, and Comedian Bertice Berry, PhD., rounded up the conference. Visit the NCUR website for further information about the conference.
The individual students and their mentors are listed below.
- Accounting, Economics, and Finance:
- Catherine McConnell (Camero Harwick)
- Lisa Pink (James Cordeiro)
- Pasoon Wazir (Adam Rich)
- Chemistry & Biochemistry:
- Rachel Horowitz and Bernard Okai (Carly Reed)
- Rachel Horowitz and Matthew Too (Markus Hoffmann)
- Rachel Riga and Joshua Raymond (both Mark Heitz)
- Computer Sciences:
- Dennis Pavlyuk, Ryan Ellis, John Haag, Zach Kovalenko, Thomas Shear, and Timothy Haskins (Ning Yu)
- Rhonda-Lee Forbes and Jillian Magyar (Adita Kukarni)
- Lucy Mundschau (Janet Schroeder)
- Althea Tait and Emily Kincade (Megan Norcia)
- Marissa Scharlau (Katherine Clark Walter)
- Political Science:
- Pablo Stein (Steven Jurek)
- Melissa Barnosky (Susan Orr)
- Michael Fensken (Lori-Ann Forzano)
- Public Health:
- Wolfgarr Lobo (Godfred Antwi)
- Ashjah Hamilton (Althea Tait)