Mail & Parcel Delivery During Shutdown
Plan now for the college shutdown period.
As a result of the College being closed for two weeks, services offered by the Departments of Mailing Services and Central Receiving will be curtailed. This year’s shutdown period will be from December 19, 2020, through January 3, 2021.
To ensure that faculty, staff, and student time-sensitive mail needs are met, the services detailed below will be offered:
1. We encourage interested individuals and/or departments to pick up sorted United States Postal Mail at the Mailing Services area on the ground floor of the Allen Administration Building.
• Mail pick up will be available between the hours of 10 am until 12 pm on the following dates:
- Monday, December 21, 2020
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- Monday, December 28, 2020
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
• Entrance to the Allen Administration Building will be available at the front door during the above dates and times.
• Central Receiving will not be open during the shutdown.
2. Outgoing Mail Options:
• As a result of temperature-sensitive equipment not being operational, we are not able to offer the metering of outgoing mail during this time period.
• All time-sensitive outgoing mail and parcels must be delivered to Mailing Services or Central Receiving no later than 2 pm on Friday, December 18, 2020.
• During the shutdown period, pre-stamped outgoing mail may be dropped off at Mailing Services for delivery to the Post Office. This service will be available only on the dates outlined above.
• For individual, urgent, off-campus mailings, departments may purchase stamps and/or drop off packages at a US Post Office branch using a Citibank Procurement Card as the preferred method of payment.
Mailing Services and Central Receiving will reopen for full services on January 4, 2021, at 7:30 am.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Carlson for Mailing Services and Steven Sheffield for Central Receiving questions.