Academic Affairs Organizational Effectiveness Task Force Update
The Academic Affairs Organizational Effectiveness Task Force (OETF) is pleased to share their second update with the campus community.
Provost Abraham created the Academic Affairs OETF in response to Objective 3.8 of the Academic Affairs Strategic Plan. The work of the OETF began in late September and is on-going. The Task Force is pleased to share with the campus community this second update, which reports on activities since the October 31 report and includes a tentative timeline for completion of the OETF charge.
Organizational Effectiveness Task Force Update #2
January 2, 2024
The Academic Affairs Organizational Effectiveness Task Force (hereafter, the OETF) was
charged by Provost Abraham with making recommendations on the organizational structure of the Division of Academic Affairs. The full charge to the task force was included in our first
update, posted to the Daily Eagle on October 31, 2023. Since that update, the OETF has:
- Completed several data collection efforts, including, but not limited to:
- Gathered current organizational charts for Academic Affairs at SUNY Brockport, including for each academic department.
- Examined the organizational structure of 50 peer (as defined by NSSE) and Rochester-area institutions.
- Attended a Chairs and Directors meeting for all three existing Schools within Academic
Affairs to gather input and ideas from division leaders.
Using the above data and input, the task force is currently developing several potential
organizational models. Once developed, these models will be shared with Division members. We plan to host an informational townhall to present the various models and answer questions. Feedback on the proposed models will then be gathered through Chairs and Deans, who will be asked to discuss the models with their respective units (Schools and Departments).
- We anticipate that organizational models will be available and distributed in early
- A townhall will be scheduled shortly thereafter, tentatively early to mid-February, 2024.
- Feedback from Chairs will be due March 1, 2024.
- The OETF will then re-examine the models based on collected feedback, consider
revisions to the models, and submit a final report with recommendations to the Provost by April 1, 2024.