Share Helpful Transportation Options with Students
Some students may lack vehicle access for off-site commitments, leading to challenges exacerbated by the cost of alternative transportation. Fortunately, Parking and Transportation Services has some helpful solutions.
We recognize that some SUNY Brockport students may not have a means of transportation, posing a significant challenge for those with mandatory off-site internships, field studies, and coursework. Furthermore, the cost of alternative transportation may contribute to additional hardships.
Parking and Transportation Services is pleased to share a menu of transportation options and reimbursement program.
We encourage all to share the following information with your students:
- Rideshare Portal offered by 511NY Rideshare. This option helps the campus community find carpools, vanpools, bicycle buddies and alternative transit options.
- Public Transportation/RTS provides an On Demand Service within the Brockport zone. The availability has even expanded to the weekends.
- Eagle Run, our campus shuttle service, offers safe and convenient shuttle service around campus and the Brockport/Sweden communities. There is also a real time bus locator app available.
- Chartered shuttle offers a public transport service, involving the hire of a vehicle and a driver for a pre-arranged journey. This must be reserved 10 days in advance with two-hour service minimum.
- We encourage the use of Mobility on Demand (MoD) services like Uber and Lyft. In addition, Uber XL allows for more passengers with opportunity to share the fare.