Women & Gender Studies Students Publish Volume 12 of Dissenting Voices
Dissenting Voices is a faculty-reviewed Ejournal featuring capstone projects of Women and Gender Studies Senior Seminar students. Dr. Barb LeSavoy (Associate Professor of Women and Gender Studies) is faculty and Editor in Chief and Pat Maxwell (BITS Project Manager) the Managing Editor.
Dissenting Voices V12 showcases six brilliant authors who raise their voices to reconcile still pervasive gender inequalities. Smart. Creative. Radical. Brave. Revolutionary. These are some of the words that capture the authors and their powerful agency in championing social justice causes. V12 cover art, complied and illustrated by Alexis Rivera, portrays the hand of each author with words and images that convey each author’s essay topic. That these hands touch and meet represents the interconnectedness and collaborative spirit of the WMS 421 class members.
Dissenting Voices V12 is dedicated to Pat Maxwell, BITS Project Manager, who has served as Managing Editor of Dissenting Voices since its inception in 2012. Dissenting Voices would not exist without Pat’s voluntary labor, work Pat has taken on with kindness and grace. This volume also is particularly special to Dr. LeSavoy, who will retire in December 2023, so it is the last volume she will publish as WMS 421 faculty. Dr. LeSavoy writes, “Across a long and accomplished career, Dissenting Voices is the project that I am most proud of.”
Editorial Board Members:
- Milo Obourn, Professor and Chair, Department of Women and Gender Studies
- Bek Orr, Assistant Professor, Department of Women and Gender Studies
- Kristen Proehl, Associate Professor, Department of English
- Meredith Roman, Associate Professor, Department of History
- Pat Maxwell, Bits Project Manager
- Tristan S. Bridges, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, University of California, Santa Barbara.
SUNY Open Access Repository for Brockport is a service of Drake Memorial Library and Brockport Information & Technology Services.