Are Students Not Receiving your Email Communications from Brightspace?
We have found that students that have transferred from other SUNY schools may not be receiving the communications sent from Brightspace. The same is true for Brockport faculty who may teach at other SUNY schools.
How to Fix This
It is important to mention to your students that they should verify where their email notifications are going to ensure they are receiving your communications and course updates.
There are two sets of directions – a video option and a step by step
Top Brightspace Announcement on the Brightspace Homepage: Check your Email Notifications to ensure you are receiving messages to your Brockport.edu email account.
- Log into Brightspace
- Select the username in the top right corner of the screen
- Select Notifications
- Under Contact Method verify the email address
- If not Brockport.edu
- Select “Change your email settings”
- Select the radio button for “Use custom email”
- Type the Brockport.edu email address
- Click Save
- Open your Brockport email account
- Select Confirm Email Address link