Parking & Transportation Keeping it Green
SUNY Brockport is committed to sustainability, making it a fundamental part of the culture. From classrooms to common rooms, lecture halls, and residence halls, hard work has been done to ensure that the campus is a leader of practicing good stewardship.
In support of these goals, Parking and Transportation Services has introduced various ways in which we support the University’s goals.
- Virtual Permitting – savings on printing cost; reduce plastic waste.
- Transportation alternatives – strong relationship with public transit providers – RTS; promote NYSRIDE (pre tax incentive); Carpool Incentive Program; Eagle Run Shuttle; promote walking/biking (PTS introduced the first bike borrowing program to campus in 200; charger services)
- Offer reserved spaces for vehicles meeting the requirement: low emitting, fuel efficient vehicles.
- Solar powered pay station
- Introduction/Support of various apps: ParkMobile for temporary parking needs; DoubleMap – real time Eagle Run bus locator; ChargePoint – electric vehicle charging stations; RTS On Demand
- Roll out of electric vehicle charging stations with grant
- Recycle unused meter hardware, aluminum signage, etc.
- Online My Parking Account reduces paper use. (Purchase permit, pay citations, appeal and review account).
- Use of parking attendants during rush week to reduce vehicular backup and idling
- And more…