Registration Open: ORCID iD Workshop for Researchers
An ORCID iD is a unique, open digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher, including those with the same or similar name. An ORCID iD is linked to an ORCID record, which can help save you time and receive credit for your work in scholarship, publishing, and research workflows.
- ORCID iDs and ORCID records are free to obtain and maintain.
- ORCID iDs and ORCID records meet all the criteria of National Security and are or will be required by all federal funding agencies.
- ORCID iDs and ORCID records house all of your research, scholarship, innovation, publishing, etc., in one place for easy retrieval and completion of forms.
Benefits of an ORCID iD & ORCID Record
- ORCID iD distinguishes you from others
- ORCID iD persists over time
- ORCID record bolsters your digital identity
- ORCID record saves time and effort in filling out forms
ORCID in the Research Landscape
- Funders are asking for or requiring ORCID iDs. Federal funders will begin mandating ORCID iDs.
- Publishers are asking for or requiring ORCID iDs
- Research Institutions nationally and internationally are using ORCID iDs
If you are interested in learning more about ORCID iDs and ORCID records, please view the workshop information.
The workshop is Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 2-3 pm.
Laura Merkl, Director of Scholarship, Research & Sponsored Programs
Posted: May 10, 2023