Call for Participation: Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Committee of College Senate
You do not need to be part of College Senate to serve on the College Senate EDI committee. Per the College Senate bylaws, committee is charged with “act[ing] for the Senate on matters related to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, including but not limited to the following:
- Promote curriculum and co-curricular programming that is inclusive of underrepresented individuals, defined widely to include Black, Indigenous and People of Color, members of the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning) community, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and other groups who have been oppressed by those in positions of power.
- Liaise with campus committees, task forces, and working groups
- Advocate for and propose policies and programs to ensure equity, inclusion, and accessibility in all areas of college life
- Pursue anti-racist policies, programming, and training that remediate historical racisms and promote a climate of well-being for all
- Provide updates to the Senate on the status, progress, and challenges involved in EDI work
- Advise the Senate, via the Executive Committee, on matters related to EDI that exist within the Senate’s bylaws, membership, procedures, customs, and culture.
- Develop Senate proposals and review proposals to be sent to the Executive Committee and the full Senate to meet needs it identifies based on sections [1 through 6] above.”
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please fill out our online form.