English Alums Present at Conference
Four English MA alums presented papers at the Northeast Modern Language Association Conference in Niagara Falls, NY.
Kayla Adgate worked with Dr. Janie Hinds (emerita) on her Advanced Project at Brockport and is now in a doctoral program at the University of Syracuse. Stacy Baran worked with Dr. Stefan Jurasinski and is currently earning her PhD at the University of California-Davis. Lilia Hutchison did her project, which she has since published, with Dr. Jennifer Haytock. Rachael Mulvihill worked with Dr. Alissa Karl and is now in a doctoral program at Carnegie Mellon University.
- “Scary Histories: Exploring the Documentary Moby Dick: The True Story as Horror” Kayla Adgate, SUNY University at Albany
- “Evolution of Hexxus: Terror and Embodiment in FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992)” Stacy Baran, University of California, Davis
- “Uncovering the Truths of War with Cynicism and Humor: Thomas Alexander Boyd and Kurt Vonnegut” Lilia Hutchison
- “Going Back to Work Is Worse than Being in a Horror Movie” Rachael Mulvihill, Carnegie Mellon University
- Dr. Jennifer Haytock presented “After the Grid Goes Down: Rumaan Alam and Waubgeshig Rice” at NeMLA.
Jennifer Haytock (email@example.com)
Posted: March 25, 2023