What’s The Future of Blackboard Organizations? Here’s The Plan!
Blackboard Organizations will be migrated to Brightspace (or Teams) if requested. Current organization leaders may submit a Microsoft Teams Request Ticket to request their organization be migrated from Blackboard to Brightspace or Teams.
Please Note: if you have already requested an Organization migration, it is not necessary to enter a new ticket.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft Teams Request Ticket
- Click on “Request Service” to open ticket.
- Indicate Teams service type.
- Enter Description: (a) name of existing Blackboard organization; (b) desired name of Team to be created; (c) names of two persons who are the owners, or leaders, of the new space.
- Select level of Impact
- Click on the “Request” button.
- Prepare for migration of your organization by reviewing your organization content and determining what needs to be retained.
BITS will *evaluate the request and respond with a recommendation for placement (Brightspace or Teams). Once a determination has been made, BITS will create the appropriate entity and migrate the content.
*Determination of the final location of the organization (Brightspace or Teams) will be based on usage of the current Blackboard organization and how users are enrolled (Banner vs. manual entry).
Brightspace will be Brockport’s only online learning management system starting in 2023. The Blackboard end-of-life date is December 21, 2022, at which point Blackboard will no longer be accessible or available.