Happy Halloween, Today’s Frightful News… 51 Days Until Blackboard Becomes a Ghost
Blackboard’s end of life is December 21, 2022, at 5 pm – and grades are due on December 23 two days later.
As mentioned in the Provost’s Mid-October Newsletter, “…We have now received official word that access will be discontinued [from Blackboard] at 5 pm on December 21.” “It would be extremely helpful for you to enter grades prior to us losing access to Blackboard…” “It would be beneficial for Blackboard instructors to export and preserve their online gradebook so that we have the required information should a grade dispute arise.” Directions: Login to the IT Knowledge Base, then open Downloading the Blackboard Grade Center & Grade History prior to the 21 as a backup.
Login to the IT Knowledge Base
- Faculty can back up their courses to their OneDrive: Exporting Blackboard Courses
- Faculty can Import Blackboard courses to their Brightspace course shells: How to Import a Blackboard Course into Brightspace
- Faculty can request SUNY to migrate previous courses from Blackboard to Brightspace: Brightspace Winter & Spring 2023 Course Migration Request
- Faculty can log into Brightspace and locate the CPD Pilot Semester tab in the My Courses widget. Here you will find the SUNY DLE Brightspace Fundamentals Asynchronous Modules
- SUNY Digital Learning Environment (DLE): Training Resources - Recorded training sessions and future training sessions
- Brightspace Community - create a free account to access resources from Brightspace
- YouTube: Brightspace Tutorials
- Brockport’s ASIS Team Office Hours
- Request Appointment With An Instructional Designer