Women and Gender Studies, English
Sarah earned an MA in English Literature and Rhetoric from SUNY Binghamton (2011) and an MPA in Public and Nonprofit Management from Cornell University (2013). She currently works as a senior analyst with The Advisory Board Company, a healthcare research and consulting firm in Washington, DC.
- Editor in chief, The Cornell Policy Review
- Fellow, Women’s Campaign Fund
- Adjunct instructor, English, SUNY Binghamton
- LeSavoy, B, Bergeron, J. & Evans, S. “‘Now I have Something that is Mine’: Women’s Higher Education Gains as Feminist Standpoint” (2011). Wagadu: A Journal of Transnational Women’s and Gender Studies(v. 9), Special Issue: Gender Equity in Higher Education.
Honors and Awards
- Cornell University Institute for Public Affairs Fellowship
- Adams Leadership Award, Cornell University, 2013
- Student Multidisciplinary Applied Research Team Grant, for study at a women’s cancer center in Malaysia, Cornell University, 2012
- Jennifer M. Lloyd Essay Prize, SUNY Brockport, 2009
- Harriet Whitney Award, SUNY Brockport, 2009
- Brockport Leadership Academy Award, 2008
“The interdisciplinary nature of the WMS program taught me to think at the boundaries: to question expectations, to recognize the overlooked, and to always consider alternatives. The implications of this lesson have had great personal and professional impact on me, laying the foundation for graduate study and beyond.”
- Sarah Evans