New Guidelines for Daily Eagle Submissions
To help improve readability and the overall effectiveness of this publication, new submission guidelines have been implemented.
As part of our commitment to Building a Better Brockport, steps have been taken this summer to improve the effectiveness of the Daily Eagle. Some basic guidelines have been implemented to guide our editorial process and hopefully improve readability of this publication.
Following the guidelines below will make your submission more likely to be accepted for publication:
- Items must be submitted at least 24-48 hours in advance of the requested publication date.
- Submissions must be limited to 250 words.
- We are eager to highlight the accomplishments of our faculty and staff. These accomplishments should be directly related to their roles and responsibilities at the College. All content should be directly related to SUNY Brockport.
- In the spirit of maintaining strong Town-Gown relations, occasional items may appear about happenings in the Village of Brockport at the request of Village leaders.
- Submissions should be written in the third-person. Submissions written in the first-person will either not be accepted or edited as appropriate.
- Know our audience. Items that are relevant to a broad audience are most likely to be selected for publication. However, please note that The Daily Eagle is distributed only to faculty and staff and that students do not receive this publication.
- As an official SUNY Brockport publication, content should reflect the institution’s values, mission, and goals. Submissions must be professional and civil to be considered for publication. Submissions that make political statements or share personal opinions will not be selected for publication.
John Follaco: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: August 22, 2022