2022 Open Enrollment Period: Student Employee Health Plan
The 2022 Open Enrollment Period for the Student Employee Health Plan (SEHP) will run from Monday, August 15 through Wednesday, September 28, 2022.
Eligible employees have the following options for enrolling in SEHP:
- Enroll within 45 days of appointment or when the employee becomes first eligible. Coverage begins as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of appointment, whichever is later.
- Employees on F-1 or J-1 Visas and domestic students at campuses where health insurance is mandated will have coverage effective as of the date of appointment.
- Enroll within 30 days of a qualifying event. Coverage becomes effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of event, whichever is later.
- Enroll during the Open Enrollment Period. Coverage is effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
- Enrollment is otherwise permitted at any time as a late enrollee. Coverage becomes effective 30 days from the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
The Open Enrollment Period provides employees who were eligible for SEHP last year but chose not to enroll, an opportunity to enroll now, without the 30-day waiting period otherwise required for late enrollment.
Required information per the Affordable Care Act, and include the 2022 SEHP Rates, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, and Welcome Letter.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources.