Low Bridge High Water: A Canal Opening Festival
Mayor Blackman invites the Brockport community to the seasonal opening of the canal on June 11, 2022, from 11 am to 3 pm at Brockport’s canal front welcome center.
Enjoy live music and a picnic lunch on the lawn. Rent a kayak, tour the pollinator gardens, and have your photo taken with Phebe the Brockport mule. Activities for kids and adults.
Festivities at The Welcome Center 11 am - 3 pm, Water Street
- Music performances by Cooper Scotti Music (GypsyLand)
- 4th Grade Poster Contest Winners winning posters on display
- Dedication: Phebe the Mule - statue designed & painted by local high school artists
On the Water Events
- Kayak Rentals and Demos of Adaptive Kayak Launch with Erie Canal Boat Company and Rochester Accessible Adventures
- Water Rescue Demos on the canal by Monroe County Sheriff Department and Brockport Fire Department
On Land Events
- Bikes & K9s by Brockport Police
- Touch a Truck by Brockport DPW
- Conference Bike with Walk! Bike! Brockport! Action Group ~
- Native Plant & Pollinator Garden Tours - Strawberry Shortcake Kiwanis Club sale and Seymour Library Kids Activities
- Arts Festival T-Shirt Design Contest and much more!