Due Today: NCFDD Faculty Success Program Sponsorship
The Office of the Provost is sponsoring one full-time faculty member to participate in the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity’s Faculty Success Program.
This 12-week intensive mentoring experience is offered online and is designed to help faculty members increase scholarly productivity, manage time effectively, and maximize work-life balance. Additional information about the program may be found at the link below.
Participants in the Faculty Success Program are expected to:
- Be self-directed and open to feedback
- Participate in weekly online training sessions and small group support and accountability calls
- Complete weekly homework tasks guided by their coach, among other activities.
Following the completion of the program, sponsored faculty will submit a brief report to the Provost’s Office that reflects on the overall effectiveness of the program, the extent to which their goals were met, suggestions for ways the program could be improved, and descriptions of lessons or effective practices that should be considered at Brockport. Alumni of the program also may be asked to share their experience with their peers and/or serve on a future sponsorship selection committee.
Eligibility: All full-time tenure-track Brockport faculty are eligible to apply who have been at the College for at least two years. Women and minority faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
Faculty must be a member of NCFDD. To claim your free Institutional Membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to https://www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @InstitutionalEmail.edu)
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
Program Date: Summer 2021 (May 16–August 8)
Deadline: Send applications to the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching no later than Monday, March 22, 2021, to be considered for the Summer 2021 program.
Funding: The Office of the Provost will cover the full cost of tuition for the selected faculty member.
Procedures: Submit a copy of your CV and a fully completed application form (attached).
Selection: Applications will be reviewed and selected by a faculty committee who are members of NCFDD.
To learn more about this opportunity, consult the Frequently Asked Questions.