Blackboard Ends December 21 – Brightspace Begins Summer 2022 Sessions
Review our implementation timeline as Brockport migrates from Blackboard to the new Brightspace learning management system. Brightspace demonstrations and training opportunities are available for all faculty.
Each week we will be posting Brightspace implementation updates and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Now – Brightspace/SUNY Asynchronous Training self-paced training available for all faculty/instructors.
- Coming soon – Access to Brightspace for all faculty! Watch for an announcement in Brockport Today.
- May 2022 - Early adopter faculty begin using Brightspace for their online Summer Session courses.
- Faculty begin course development in Brightspace.
- Training opportunities continue.
- Faculty may choose to use Brightspace for their Fall 2022 courses by completing the Brightspace Fall 2022 form - Please stay tuned to the Daily Eagle for an update on accessing the form link.
- December 22, 2022 – Blackboard NOT AVAILABLE.
Winter/Spring 2023 and beyond: ALL courses in Brightspace
How can I access Brightspace?
- Brockport is working on getting all faculty access. At this point, only the summer pilot faculty can access the Brockport tenant.
What browsers are supported by Brightspace?
- Chrome (PC & MAC, Android)
- Firefox (PC & MAC)
- Edge (PC & MAC)
- Safari (MAC, iOS)
When will I be required to use Brightspace?
- Summer pilot – 32 faculty members
- Fall 2022 as many as we can get migrated
- 12/22/22 – Blackboard will no longer be available to anyone
- Winter/Spring 2023 and beyond: ALL courses in Brightspace
How will students be notified of the switch?
- Announcements during summer orientation and open houses
- IT Service Portal will have information
What is the difference between D2L, Brightspace, and DLE?
- D2L (Desire 2 Learn) is the parent company
- Brightspace is the specific name of the learning management software (LMS) offered by D2L
- DLE (Digital Learning Environment) is the name of the SUNY instance of the Brightspace system that will eventually be used on all 64 campuses
What training is available to instructors?
Currently, training is being offered through SUNY: SUNY Training
- Link: https://dle.suny.edu/training/
- Currently, training is being offered through SUNY: SUNY Training
When can I move my courses to Brightspace?
- Brockport IT is working on a migration plan with SUNY and Brightspace. Please stay tuned to the Daily Eagle for updates.