Blackboard Collaborate Access Ends on May 5
Brockport’s contract for the Blackboard Collaborate video conferencing tool has not been renewed as previously announced in Brockport Today on December 14, 2021. Faculty can use Zoom or MS Teams for online meetings.
If you want to save any existing Collaborate recordings, plan to download them no later than May 5. Access to Collaborate via Blackboard will be removed on May 5. This is the first milestone as Brockport begins migration from Blackboard to the Brightspace learning management system. The Blackboard contract ends on December 22, 2022.
If you are a Collaborate user, plan to transition to Zoom or Teams immediately (more details below). Important:
- If you used Collaborate to record lectures that you wish to re-use, make sure there are no students in the recording. Recordings cannot be used if there are students from a previous course section in the recorded session videos (due to federal privacy laws that ensure no identifiable student information can be gained in a different course).
- Instructional designers are prepared to help you figure out an appropriate alternative to lecture capturing (without students present).
- If you have any recordings that you wish to keep, you must download the recordings and save them in an area of your choice not later than May 5, 2022.
- Downloading and saving Collaborate sessions does take some time, so please do not wait to get started.
- Brockport Faculty must have a Zoom license to begin using Zoom: Request a Zoom License (Scroll to bottom of linked page and click on the green “Request a Zoom License” button).
- Read the IT Service Desk Knowledge Base Article - Zoom Training and Resources (teamdynamix.com)
- Read the IT Service Desk Knowledge Base Article - Microsoft Teams: Scheduling a Meeting and Meeting Best Practices
Schedule training or submit your questions via an IT Service Desk request.
Your patience is appreciated as Brockport staff endeavors to create the Brightspace environment.