Transportation Options for Students
Learn more about the options available for students in need of transportation to fulfill academic requirements.
We are aware there are students attending SUNY Brockport that do not have access or own a vehicle, which presents a serious challenge for those that have required internships, field study, and coursework off-site. Additionally, the cost of alternative transportation may present a hardship.
Parking & Transportation Services is pleased to share a menu of transportation options and reimbursement program. Faculty and staff are encouraged to share the following information with their students.
- Rideshare Portal offered by 511NY Rideshare. Helps the campus community find carpools, vanpools, bicycle buddies and alternative transit options.
- Public Transportation. RTS provides an On Demand Service within the Brockport zone. The availability has expanded to the weekends.
- Eagle Run – Campus shuttle service. A real time bus locator app is available.
- Chartered shuttle. Must be reserved 10 days in advance with two hour service minimum.
- Eagle Share Bike Program – sponsored by Recreation Services.
- Mobility on Demand Services: Uber & Lyft. Also available is Uber X and Uber XL allowing for more passengers with opportunity to share fare.
- Reimbursement Services. Eagle Lift Assist. Students can apply for reimbursement to assist with their transportation needs.