Over 75 students attend Spring Careers in Computing
With over seventy five students in attendance, another successful “Careers in Computing” event was hosted on campus on Friday, March 25. The Department of Computing Sciences in collaboration with the Office of Career Services hosts this event every semester for Computer Information Systems and Computer Science students.
The Careers in Computing event is a career preparation related event that allows students to learn about Information Technology (IT) careers and network with local employers that are looking to recruit for IT positions. The event is broken into two segments. The first is a panel discussion on IT career related topics. And the second, a networking portion. This event is an integral part of the Department of Computing Sciences’ career pathway implementation and has been hosted every semester for over ten years.
This spring, there were eight employers attending. Alumni from four of the eight organizations were in attendance. The list of employers are:
- dunnhumby (represented by Josh Swanson)
- ComTec Solutions (represented by Janine Barlach and Alex Lukash)
- Excellus BCBS (represented by Justin Abbot, Patrick McDaniels and Daniel Haasis)
- Kodak Alaris (represented by Lawrence Wolfe)
- M&T Tech (represented by Ryan Tampone, and Esteban Cruz)
- Odoo (represnted by Elizabeth Vennari and John Truong)
- Paychex (represented by Tom Christ)
- University of Rochester (represented by Seth Bryning)
Mehruz Kamal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: March 27, 2022