March 2: Annual Fire Code Compliance Inspection Begins
The State Fire Inspector will be on the Brockport campus through the month of March to conduct the annual fire code compliance inspection.
The NYS Office of Fire Prevention and Control (OFPC) State Fire Inspector will be on the Brockport campus starting on Wednesday, March 2 to conduct the annual fire code compliance inspection. This will involve a walkthrough of all living, learning, and work areas on campus.
Please help us Protect the Nest and avoid potential monetary fines by taking a moment to review your work fire for these potential fire and life safety hazards.
- Extension cords: These are for temporary use only. Unplug them when not in use. For permanent power needs, use power strips instead.
- Power strips: Do not plug one power strip into another. Use only those with a reset button and a UL sticker.
- Storage: Maintain at least 24 inches of clearance between materials and the ceiling.
Safe emergency egress:
- Do not block emergency doors and exits;
- Keep the space around office and classroom doors clear so that doors open completely and occupants can enter and exit safely;
- Do not place items in hallways that will narrow the aisleway; and
- Do not store anything in stairwells.
Access to emergency equipment: keep the area in front of and around the following items clear:
- Fire extinguishers
- Alarm pulls
- Electrical panels
- Propping doors: Please refrain from using doorstops to hold open fire-rated doors. A properly operating fire door is a key component to stop the spread of fire and smoke.
Please review your own work area in advance of this inspection. Thank you for your assistance. Facilities service requests can be submitted online.