NEH Grant Opportunity: Humanities Initiatives at Colleges & Universities Application
Humanities Initiatives at Colleges and Universities strengthen the teaching and study of the humanities at institutions of higher education by developing new humanities programs, resources (including those in digital format), or courses, or by enhancing existing ones.
Projects must be organized around a core topic or set of themes drawn from such areas of study in the humanities as history, philosophy, religion, literature, and composition and writing skills.
NEH welcomes applications for projects that are modest in scope, duration, and budget, as well as applications for expansive, long-term projects. If you are interested in applying, please reach out to Justine Briggs.
The Humanities Initiatives programs support activities such as:
- Curriculum development
- Developing a course or set of courses (including, for example general education courses, honors courses or programs, capstone courses, etc.)
- Creating teaching materials (course modules, readers, primary document collections, digital collections, etc.)
- Planning and piloting a major, minor, or certificate program
- Student enrichment
- Developing internship programs
- Developing opportunities for hands-on, place-based, or experiential learning
- Faculty development
- Developing pedagogy or curriculum through shared reading programs
- Producing a series of guest speakers for faculty and community audiences
- Creating bridge programs or dual enrollment programs between high school and college, or between community college and university
- Collaborating with museums or libraries to create teaching materials
- Producing humanities programming for students and community members
- Optional Draft is Due March 28, 2022
- Application is Due May 9, 2022
Funding Opportunity Number: 20220509-AA-AB-AC-AD-AE