2022 Annual Option Transfer Period & Pre-Tax Contribution Program (PTCP): Health Insurance Premiums & Copays Released
The 2022 “Choices” and “Rates” information are now available. Information on the new health choices (co-payments) and health rates (premiums) are linked below and are being updated on the Benefits webpage under the heading “Health Insurance.”
It is imperative you review your current coverage to ensure you wish to remain with your current plan. The new plan year begins on 1/6/2022.
- Effective date of policy changes/new copayment schedules/new premium rates: January 6, 2022.
- First paycheck impacted by new premiums: January 5, 2022.
- If you are currently enrolled in Opt-out you are no longer required to make an annual re-election.
- If you do not wish to change health insurance policies no action is required.
- If you are not currently covered under a New York State Health Insurance Plan (NYSHIP) you cannot simply enroll without a waiting period. Please contact Human Resources for further information.
- Check with any doctors you wish to retain a relationship with to ensure they accept your new insurance plan before you change carriers.
Below you will find links to:
- The full Choices and Rates Booklets
- Local Plan Information summaries
- Instructions on completing carrier change requests using both the “traditional” method and the self-service MyNYSHIP method
- PTCP Quick Facts
- Health Transaction form (PS-404)
Eligible employees who have other employer sponsored group health insurance may Opt-out of their NYSHIP coverage in exchange for an incentive payment. The incentive payment is $1,000 for waiving Individual coverage or $3,000 for waiving Family coverage on an annual basis. The incentive payments will be prorated and reimbursed through your biweekly paycheck throughout the year (payable only when an employee is on the payroll). Note: The payments will be taxable income.
To elect the Opt-out Program, you must complete a NYS Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404) and an Opt-out Attestation Form (PS-409) and submit both to your HBA. Your NYSHIP coverage will terminate at the end of the current plan year, and the incentive payments will begin with the first pay period affecting coverage for 2022.
Eligibility to enroll in Opt-out during Annual Option Transfer:
- Be enrolled in NYSHIP (Blue Choice, Empire, MVP etc.) since 4/1/21 or date of hire
- Remain enrolled in NYSHIP through the end of this plan year
Reminder: If you are currently enrolled in the Opt-out Program, you may continue your enrollment (no need to complete new forms) or choose other NYSHIP coverage for 2022 during the Option Transfer Period.
Pre-Tax Contribution Program (PTCP):
PTCP allows enrollees to have NYSHIP premiums for health insurance deducted from their wages before taxes are withheld. Each year employees can change their election to participate or decline in the PTCP during the Annual Option Transfer period. No action is required if you plan to keep your current PTCP status.
You can check your current PTCP status by looking at your paycheck. If you are enrolled your paycheck stub will show “Regular Before-Tax Health” in the Before-Tax Deductions section. If you are not enrolled in PTCP, your paycheck stub will show “Regular After-Tax Health” in the After-Tax Deductions Section.
If you would like to change your PTCP selection for 2022, you will need to submit a NYS Health Insurance Transaction Form (PS-404) You can obtain this form from the Office of Human Resources or through the link provided below.
ENROLLMENT/ TAX CONTRIBUTION ELECTION DEADLINE:
All changes must be requested by 12/31/2021. It is recommended that any carrier change requests be sent to the Office of Human Resources or processing them through MyNYSHIP as soon as possible. It can take several pay periods before your records are updated in all systems.
Requests must be received by noon on 12/17/21 in order to be processed prior to shutdown. You may fax requests to (585) 395-5275. You may scan and email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Requests received after shutdown with a signature date on or prior to 12/31/21 will be honored and a retro-active request will be processed.
Please note: Copies of the Summary of Benefits and Coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) can be obtained by calling 877-769-7447 to request a copy, or by visiting the link below to print a copy.
Contacts: Michelle DeMonte: (585) 395-5136, firstname.lastname@example.org or Serena Starr: (585) 395-2995, email@example.com