Due February 15: Foundation Scholarship Applications
Please promote department-specific and campus-wide Brockport Foundation Scholarship opportunities to students in your networks. Foundation Scholarships provide recognition and much needed financial assistance for students.
Incoming and current, undergraduate and graduate students can apply for more than 350 active scholarships from November 15 to February 15, which will disburse more than $550,000 for the 2022-23 academic year.
Please email your Brockport students, employees, residents, etc. about the time-sensitive opportunity for students to apply for recognition and student financial assistance to help defray the costs of their education.
Attached is a presentation providing an overview of the Foundation Scholarships, how to apply, and other important information that can be emailed or placed in a Blackboard group/course. Also attached is a flyer that can be sent digitally to students and is featured across campus.
- More than $550,000 was awarded in 460+ individual awards for this academic year. The average scholarship payout totaled $1,100 and individual awards range from $100 to $11,000+.
- The AcademicWorks, the scholarship portal, provides a one-stop shop for students to search and apply for scholarships. All students need to fill out the General Application, the basis for all scholarship consideration. Students can be auto matched for scholarship consideration, in some cases, and will need to apply specifically to opportunities for consideration.
- 1300+ applications were submitted for 21-22 opportunities. In a macro-sense, students who apply have a one-in-three chance of winning an award although individual opportunities vary in selectivity due to the range of eligible students and specific scholarship criteria.
- Average timeframe for a student to start and finish an application: 1 hour – 1.5 hours.
- Students can schedule an appointment with the Scholarship Coordinator and by contacting the Foundation Scholarship Office - via EagleSUCCESS or direct any questions to the Foundation Scholarship Office by calling 395-5105 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Scholarships have various criteria which typically focus around merit, need, and a combination of such along with other qualifications. The Scholarship Portal is where students apply and learn more about the scholarships.
Check out brockportscholarships.org for more information!
Marketing materials in digital or hard copies can be provided upon request. Thank you for assisting in supporting and honoring our wonderful students!
Make an Appointment online