Environmental Science & Ecology Students Present Research at the Rochester Academy of Science Meeting
Undergraduate and graduate students presented their research at the Forty-Seventh Annual Fall Scientific Paper Session of the Rochester Academy of Science hosted at Nazareth College on November 6, 2021.
Undergraduate students, Desmond Barber, Jarrod Ludwig, Patrick Stetzel, and Mathew Suflita, as well as graduate students, Lexie Davis and Kevin Killigrew, presented their research at the Forty-Seventh Annual Fall Scientific Paper Session of the Rochester Academy of Science hosted at Nazareth College on November 6, 2021.
- Lexie Davis: An investigation into the control of European dewberry (Rubus caesius) in the Finger Lakes Region of New York.
- Jarrod Ludwig: Gonadal development and fecundity of Lake Ontario deepwater sculpin.
- Desmond Barber: Thiamine deficiency and fatty acid concentrations in Lake Ontario steelhead trout.
- Kevin Killigrew: Using floating treatment wetlands to remove nutrients and restore meadow marsh habitats in wetland systems in the Northeastern United States.
- Patrick Stetzel: A floristic quality assessment of the Cranberry Pond restoration, comparing pre- and post- restoration data.
- Mathew Suflita: Reproduction of round goby in Sandy Creek, a tributary of Lake Ontario.
Kevin Killigrew and Patrick Stetzel are advised by Dr. Rachel Schultz, Lexie Davis by Dr. Kathryn Amatangelo, and Desmond Barber, Jarrod Ludwig, and Mathew Suflita by Dr. Jacques Rinchard.