SUNY Brockport NCUR 2022 Fellow Program: Call for Student Submissions
Call for students to submit abstracts by October 20, 2021, to NCUR. SUNY Brockport will support students to present their research at NCUR 2022, held virtually on April 4 - 8, 2022.
The Council on Undergraduate Research is excited to announce that the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) will be held virtually—from wherever is comfortable with a WiFi connection—on April 4 - 8, 2022. NCUR is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. Unlike meetings of academic professional organizations, this gathering of student scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning across all disciplines.
We are pleased to announce that President Macpherson and Provost Delene are enthusiastically supporting the registration costs of a student cohort, with accepted projects for presentation, to virtually attend and present at NCUR 2022.
Through the NCUR Fellow program, we want to:
- Ensure departmental faculty engagement in the NCUR Fellow process.
- Achieve early submission of student abstracts to ensure as many Brockport students as possible are presenting at NCUR 2022.
FACULTY MENTORS WILL:
- Identify significant student research projects.
- Encourage student applications to the NCUR Fellow Program.
- Review student abstracts prior to submission to the NCUR 2022 website.
If desired prior to submission, abstract drafts may be emailed to Professor Markus Hoffmann (email@example.com) for review and feedback.
- Submit their own abstracts to NCUR by October 20, 2021. See submission details and the link below (2.).
- Submit applications for a Brockport NCUR Fellowship to the NCUR Campus Committee via online application in MachForm by October 27, 2021, at this link https://forms.brockport.edu/view.php?id=5803187
- The application includes a signed pledge of their commitment to present at NCUR if their abstract is accepted for presentation. The college will only support students in covering the full registration cost who submitted the Application MachForm including the Commitment Statement.
- Register for the conference during an early morning 7 am mandatory meeting on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. Students may come in person to Smith 103 or virtually.
Conference and Abstract Submission Information:
NCUR is essentially a national version of Brockport’s Scholar’s Day. Students from all fields present on their research or creative activity either orally, by poster, or by performance/exhibition. NCUR also features 3-4 plenary speakers giving typically highly motivating presentations on topics of wide interest. Career-related sessions and opportunities for meeting graduate school representatives are also provided. Some programming for faculty and administrators is also available to share best practices for fostering undergraduate research.
NCUR 2022 offers for the first time a competition option, for which we would like to all Brockport NCUR 2022 Fellows to participate. Besides the abstract text, a pre-recorded 2-minute flash talk is required, which is exactly what our Student Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) students practiced this summer!
This link also provides the submission details and discipline-specific guidance on writing your abstract. Please read this provided information carefully before crafting your abstract.
If more students are accepted than the College can financially support, students who have attended NCUR before will be given lower priority, and, NCUR 2022 fellowships will be determined by Brockport NCUR fellowship application date/time order. (First come, first served.)