October is National Retirement Security Month
The goal for this timeframe is to increase participation in retirement savings plans, attract a variety of demographic groups, and educate against investing pitfalls.
National Retirement Security Month is sponsored by the National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators, Inc.
- The SUNY ORP/403(b) investment providers offer promotional materials, some of which they have sent directly to their respective participants and some of which can be used by campuses for NRSM messaging. Please see this content posted in the benefits section of Confluence, which includes webinars scheduled over the next few weeks.
- NAGDCA’s NRSM website provides the “Your Whole Story” NRSM campaign framework and career-stage focused video clips
- MissionSquare (formerly ICMA-RC as the International City Management Association Retirement Corporation) also celebrates NRSM by offering financial education webinars, videos, and financial calculators.
- For general retirement saving reference, the National Association of Retirement Plan Participants (NARPP) offers calculators about financial-related topics, including saving and investing money and retirement savings plan options.
- The SUNY Benefits Financial Education & Planning web page offers a variety of resources, tools, and calculators to assist with both short- and long-term financial planning.
- The SUNY Benefits Choosing Your Investments web page offers introductory information that may help demystify that aspect of enrolling in the SUNY 403(b) and/or NYSDCP.