Applications Open for Vitality Grants: Supporting Arts & Culture
The deadline to apply is Friday, November 12, 2021, and the typical grant size is between $4,000 to $5,000.
Purpose: The Arts and Culture Action Area support our goal to strengthen regional vitality by encouraging vibrant and diverse arts and cultural offerings and improving the capacity of local arts organizations.
Applications are invited from nonprofit organizations with programs that support this goal. Current funding opportunities include (but are not limited to) support for:
- Music education (with a particular emphasis on Monroe County);
- Development of community theater opportunities; and
- Efforts to create new or expand existing performing and fine arts programs.
Of particular interest are programs that:
- Provide new opportunities for the community’s engagement with the arts;
- Offer access to arts and cultural opportunities in otherwise underserved communities;
- Need resources for long-term sustainability or growth;
- Celebrate or promote the region’s rich racial/cultural diversity; or
- Demonstrate collaboration with other arts organizations in the region.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Justine Briggs in the Scholar and Grants Development Office.