Real-Live Rooms: Amy Seye
Take a look inside Brockport’s best-decorated residence hall rooms.
Name: Amy Seye
Class Year: Sophomore, 2024
Major: Social Work
Residence Hall: Briggs
Campus Living Q&A:
What brought you to Brockport?
Seye: “What brought me to Brockport initially was the nursing program. But I also loved how green and peaceful the campus is.”
What’s your favorite part about Brockport now that you’re here?
“Being from the city, I really enjoy being in a setting that’s so peaceful. The people are very nice and respectful, which is another difference from what I’m used to in the city.”
Down to the Details
Favorite 3 items:
- Her projector, which gives the room a movie theater vibe.
- Blackout curtains. Seye says she likes for her room to be dark at all times, which also helps make the projector pop.
- Her bed! Being in a single room in Briggs, Seye was able to push both beds together to make a bed big enough for a king. Even if it’s not technically as big as a king, she loves having such a comfy space to herself.
Tips for Decorating a Dorm Room:
- Look for inspiration on Pinterest and social media.
- Try to get an idea of the room layout ahead of time so everything fits without unnecessary spending.
- Shop at stores like Amazon & Target, where you can find cute, affordable decor.
Can’t live without:
Her friends! Seye credits them for being her support system and the reason why her college experience has been so good.
Advice for next year’s freshmen?
“Bring whatever you feel like you need. Don’t be worried about lack of space because a day will come when you need it. Also: invest in a good mattress topper and vacuum.”