Humanities New York Sharp Action Grants Available from $1,500 to $10,000
HNY Sharp Action Grants are implementation grants for public-facing humanities projects that encourage audiences to reflect on their values, explore new ideas, and engage with others in their community.
These grants aim to actively engage audiences through creative programming formats, including workshops, roundtables, panel discussions, exhibits, podcasts, and interactive digital platforms
HNY SHARP Action Grants are intended to help not-for-profit groups that have experienced financial hardship resulting from the pandemic continue to provide humanities programming to their communities.
Deadlines & Notifications
- Apply by end of day Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Decisions will be communicated by Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
- HNY strives to distribute funding equitably around the state.
- HNY will prioritize support to organizations that:
- Serve and are led by members of communities traditionally underresourced in the humanities
- That promote diversity and inclusion in humanities programming.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please contact Justine Briggs, Director of Scholar and Grants Development. In collaboration with The Research Foundation, we will work together to follow the campus external submission policy.