Twice Baked Potatoes
By Kelly Gallup ’96
- 1 5lb bag of white potatoes
- 1 stick of butter, sliced thinly
- 1.5 - 2 cups of Pecorino grated cheese
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Bake potatoes at 350 for about an hour or until potatoes are soft
- Let potatoes cool - or put in refrigerator overnight
- Grate the potatoes
- Layer potatoes, butter, cheese, salt and pepper in a 9x13 pan
- Top with grated cheese
- Before baking, pour heavy whipping cream over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered with tin foil, then uncovered for 15-20 minutes (if made the day before cooking time may be longer)
This is a family recipe and a tradition that we serve at Christmas and Easter. Our nickname for the potatoes are “heart attack potatoes”.